Three hairstyles that flatter women over 50
Consider these 3 hairstyles that can flatter you and inspire you to accept this change gracefully.
- Pixie Bob: Look up Kris Jenner; she looks sassy in her dark pixie bob, with wispy bangs that are way above her eyebrows.
- Classic Bob: This one is timeless.
- Layered Style: Keep it short or mid-length. This look is very elegant look. Remember to keep the hair off your face.
When women pass a certain age, especially over 50, there are certain clothes, choices of make-up and lipstick and even hairstyles that just don’t work as well as they used to when they were younger. Not many women can pull off the same hairstyle for decades. There are some timeless hairstyles like the Meg Ryan’s pixie or a bob that are ageless.
Before you decide which hairstyle to go for, remember these principles:
- Get a simple hairstyle, not a complicated one.
- Keep your hair off your face. Bangs that cover your forehead are not a good idea. Wispy ones will lighten the look of your face.
- For fine hair, definitely keep it short or medium length.
- For thick hair, medium length looks flattering for those who are over 50. Try a straight or curly bob but resist the temptation to have long hair.
- Enhance the grey in your hair instead of trying to hide it by dark dyes. If you have blonde hair, choose a caramel color or soft blond hues. For dark hair, try streaking with a hue that is 2 shades lighter than your natural color. Do not go darker as this makes older women look harsh.
- Keep highlights subtle.
- Leave the grey. You can go grey naturally – there are tons of hairstyles that look elegant with grey hair.